Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

 Pumpkin is not one of my favorite things, I usually like it best as a pumpkin spice candle burning in my kitchen.  However, I stumbled upon this recipe and have since changed my opinion of pumpkin.  Move over pumpkin pie, these cupcakes are amazing (and simple)!

Ingredients:
1 Spice cake box mix 
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water
1 tub of cream cheese frosting


Method:
Pour spice cake mix into a bowl and mix in water and pumpkin puree.  DO NOT mix in the ingredients on the cake box.  Follow the baking directions for cupcakes on the box.  Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.   Enjoy! 


I have made three batches of these mouth watering cupcakes, they only seem to last a day in the house.  Luckily I just found out that the average Thanksgiving meal contains 4,500 calories (not including dessert or anything else you consume... that is just dinner folks).   So, we will be easing up on the pumpkin cupcakes for now.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: